pumpkin spice biscotti
Here’s one last recipe for your Thanksgiving celebration, a batch of pumpkin spice biscotti that make a lovely hostess gift or treat for your guests. With the warming flavors of pumpkin spice, sweet white chocolate drizzle and shower of pecans, these golden biscotti are a delicious pairing with a mug of coffee or chai tea.
Wishing all of you and your families a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration, filled with a delicious meal, meaningful conversation, and much gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- chopped pecans
- Whisk together melted butter, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in eggs one at a time until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg until incorporated. Cover dough and chill for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough in half and shape dough into 2 (10-by-4-inch) loaves on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes, until pale golden. Carefully transfer loaves to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets; bake 12 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 12 minutes more or until golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place white chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over biscotti. Sprinkle with pecans and let chocolate set before serving. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.