pumpkin spice streusel bread
Pumpkin spice streusel bread is a fall classic, and it’s easy to see why: warming spices and plenty of pumpkin make for one cozy and comforting pumpkin bread that’s equally welcome at breakfast with a steaming latte, or sliced thinly and devoured by the fire as a midnight snack!
Add an irresistible spiced streusel (that doubles as both a ribbon throughout the bread and topping), and you instantly elevate the classic pumpkin bread to new heights!
The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
For the best pumpkin bread, I use my own spice blend of warming cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. The spices are incorporated in both the streusel and the pumpkin batter for a double dose of spice flavor! Pure pumpkin, milk, and coconut oil give this bread a moist and tender crumb.
I love this bread unadorned; it’s also delicious enjoyed with mascarpone or a drizzle of vanilla butter glaze. Be sure to add this gem of a bread to your fall baking list!
The BEST pumpkin bread recipe for breakfast and dessert! Pumpkin spice streusel bread is the most delicious fall quick bread!
Streusel Ribbon & Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang around the edges; spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the streusel ribbon and topping, combine sugars, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, flour, and pecans in a small bowl. Add melted butter and mix in with a fork until completely incorporated and streusel is crumbly. Chill until ready to use.
- For the pumpkin spice bread, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons chilled streusel. Spoon remaining batter into pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles and sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before using the parchment overhang to carefully lift bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Bread, Streusel, Quick Bread