Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is a favorite fall quick bread! Perfectly spiced and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy pumpkin bread recipe made with pumpkin puree. The stir together bread comes together in 20 minutes in a bowl, no mixer or special equipment required. Recipe makes 1 loaf and freezes well.
Tender, moist, and filled with warming spices, this quick bread recipe is easy to make and ideal for pumpkin lovers!
Studded with rich chocolate chips (because the only thing better than pumpkin bread is chocolate chip pumpkin bread!), I love serving slices with a side of butter or mascarpone.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Warming Spices – My favorite blend of ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg complement the pumpkin flavor of this bread. For ease, you can also use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
Room Temperature Ingredients – Bring milk and eggs to room temperature before beginning. Room temperature ingredients incorporate more smoothly for the best texture.
Pumpkin Batter – To make the batter, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices) in a large mixing bowl and whisk together to combine. Make a well in the center. In a separate mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract, whisking to combine.
Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, gently folding in with a spatula until almost incorporated. Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips and spoon the batter into a loaf pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles and sprinkle more chocolate chips over the top.
Baking Pan – Use a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper and lightly coated with nonstick spray. The parchment paper ensures that you can easily lift the baked pumpkin bread from the pan.
Bake Time – Bake bread for 60 to 65 minutes, or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached (not moist batter). If you feel the top of the bread is browning too quickly, loosely tent with a piece of aluminum foil in the last 15 minutes of baking.
Cool pumpkin bread in the pan for 15 minutes, then use the parchment overhang to lift bread from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Breads
Mini loaves are perfect for sharing or freezing. Divide the batter between three mini (5 3/4″ x 3 1/4″) loaf pans. Bake the mini loaves on a preheated baking sheet for about 28 to 30 minutes, or until breads spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
Store pumpkin bread tightly wrapped in foil for 1 to 2 days at room temperature, or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days (reheat in the oven before serving for the best texture).
How to Freeze Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin chocolate chip bread freezes well. Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
More favorite pumpkin recipes:
Did you try this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating below!Print
The BEST pumpkin chocolate chip bread! Perfectly spiced and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy pumpkin bread recipe. Recipe makes 1 loaf and freezes well.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang around the edges; spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Make pumpkin bread: Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add wet ingredients to flour mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles and sprinkle sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake bread for 60 to 65 minutes or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before using the parchment overhang to carefully lift bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Store pumpkin bread tightly wrapped in foil for 1 to 2 days, or refrigerate for up to 4 days (rewarm before serving).
Freeze Pumpkin Bread: Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Pumpkin: Use pure pumpkin puree. Do not use pumpkin pie filling, which contains added sugar.
Milk: Use room temperature milk in the batter. You can use 1%, 2%, or whole milk.
Chocolate chips: You can use semisweet, dark, milk, or even white chocolate chips.
Nuts: If you prefer a plain pumpkin bread without chocolate, try adding chopped pecans or walnuts.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Chip, Quick Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.