Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is a favorite fall quick bread! Perfectly spiced and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy pumpkin bread recipe.
Tender, moist, and filled with warming spices, this loaf is made for pumpkin lovers. Studded with rich chocolate chips (because the only thing better than pumpkin bread is chocolate pumpkin bread!), I love serving this bread with a side of butter or mascarpone.
The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Warming Spices – My favorite blend of ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg add plenty of flavor to this bread. You can also use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
5 Secrets to Baking Decadent Chocolate Desserts
Room Temperature Ingredients – Bring milk and eggs to room temperature before beginning.
Pumpkin Batter – To make the batter, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices) in a large mixing bowl and whisk together to combine. Make a well in the center. In a separate mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, gently folding in with a spatula until almost incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon the batter into a loaf pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles and sprinkle more chocolate chips over the top.
Baking Pan – Use a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper and lightly coated with nonstick spray. The parchment paper ensures that you can easily lift the baked pumpkin bread from the pan.
Bake Time – Bake bread for 60 to 65 minutes, or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached (not moist batter). Cool pumpkin bread in the pan for 15 minutes, then use the parchment overhang to lift bread from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Freeze Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin bread freezes well. Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.Print
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf, 12 slices
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
The BEST pumpkin chocolate chip bread! Perfectly spiced and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy pumpkin bread recipe.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang around the edges; spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the pumpkin bread, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles and sprinkle sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before using the parchment overhang to carefully lift bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Freeze Pumpkin Bread: Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Chip, Quick Bread
More pumpkin recipes you’ll love:
Pumpkin Spice Streusel Bread
Pumpkin Caramel Sheet Cake
Brown Butter Pumpkin Roll
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Such an easy and delicious pumpkin bread. My husband absolutely loved it!
That’s so wonderful to hear, thank you Joan! 🙂
The perfect pumpkin bread and so good with my afternoon coffee!
I’m so glad you tried this recipe, Jill!
Delicious bread. Super moist and very flavorful. The chocolate chips complement the pumpkin very well.
I’m so glad you tried this recipe, Louann! 🙂
My family loved this bread, thank you for sharing the recipe!
So glad this recipe was a hit! 🙂
I made this bread last night and it turned out perfectly! Love the spices and the chocolate chips, so good!
Thank you, Allie! Happy fall baking! 🙂
Yum! I make a lot of plain pumpkin bread, but my family would surely love your version with chocolate chips! Perfect October treat.
Yes! Chocolate makes everything better. 🙂