triple almond biscotti
Baked until lightly crisped and golden, these triple almond biscotti are the ideal cookie for dunking in your mid-morning coffee or serving up alongside a bowl of espresso ice cream. In my take on the classic almond biscotti, a blend of almond paste, Amaretto, and almond extract infuses the cookies with a triple dose of almond flavor.
Topped with sliced almonds and a sprinkle of sugar, these cookies are the perfect little bite to sweeten your day!
Easy triple almond biscotti flavored with almond paste and baked until lightly toasted and golden are the perfect cookie to sweeten your day!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tsp sugar
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, Amaretto, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in eggs one at a time until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until almost fully incorporated; fold in almond paste and sliced almonds. Cover dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough in half and shape dough into 2 (10-by-4-inch) loaves on prepared baking sheets. Top with sliced almonds, pressing gently into dough, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake loaves for 24 to 25 minutes, until pale golden. Carefully transfer loaves to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets; bake 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden. Cool completely on wire racks. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrates: 15
Keywords: Almond, Almond Paste, Amaretto, Biscotti, Cookies