Pumpkin Spice Crumb Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin spice crumb muffins make a delicious fall treat! Recipe makes 12 bakery-style muffins.
When it comes to crumb muffins, I’m firmly in the more crumbs, the merrier camp. These pumpkin spice crumb muffins are exactly the right ratio to me – perfectly spiced pumpkin muffins, piled high with buttery golden crumbs. Look no further than this muffin recipe for fall breakfast heaven!
Why you’ll love these pumpkin muffins:
Featuring a golden crumb topping and soft and tender crumb, these bakery-style pumpkin muffins remind me of pumpkin coffee cake. Sweetly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, it’s easy to see why these muffins are irresistible down to the last crumb.
With a quick stir together batter, these muffins are easy to make in under an hour. Bake up a batch and enjoy anytime you’re craving the coziest pumpkin treat!
The Best Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Golden crumb topping – A simply irresistible crumble topping made with sugar, light brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, and butter!
Warming spices – My favorite blend of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg gives these muffins plenty of pumpkin spice flavor.
Tender muffins – Pure pumpkin, a splash of milk, and melted coconut oil makes these muffins soft and tender.
Perfect muffin tops – Bake the muffins at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and continue baking until the muffins are golden. This quick burst of heat creates bakery-style muffin tops!
How to Freeze Pumpkin Muffins
Let muffins cool completely. Once cool, wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container to freeze up to 2 months.
Thaw muffins overnight in the refrigerator (still wrapped to prevent condensation from forming). Warm muffins up individually in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or in the microwave for about 15 seconds.Print
Pumpkin Spice Crumb Muffins
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
The BEST bakery-style pumpkin spice crumb muffins with a golden crumble topping!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray.
- For the crumb topping, combine sugars, rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Whisk together rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full of batter and sprinkle evenly with crumb topping.
- Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 13 to 15 minutes (for a total baking time of 18 to 20 minutes), until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature, or wrap well in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container to freeze.
Freeze Muffins: Let muffins cool completely. Once cool, wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container to freeze up to 2 months. Thaw muffins overnight in the refrigerator (still wrapped to prevent condensation from forming). Warm muffins up individually in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Crumb Topping, Muffin, Breakfast
More pumpkin recipes you’ll love:
Pumpkin Spice Streusel Bread
Brown Butter Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Cakes
Can I substitute additional flour for the oats? Thanks!
Hi Billie, do you want to replace the oats in the crumb topping, the muffin batter, or both? In the crumb topping, you can substitute 1/3 cup chopped pecans (or other nut) for the oats or omit the oats and use a total of 1/2 cup flour. In the muffin batter, you can omit the oats and use a total of 1 3/4 cups flour. Hope that helps! 🙂
Made these muffins and they came out perfect! The crumb topping and the muffin are delicious. Highly recommend!
Thanks so much, Mary! That’s great to hear! 🙂
I’m definitely pro crumb myself! These muffins are seriously drool-worthy Laura! The perfect fall time treat!!
perfect morning treats Laura! Love the gorgeous crumb on the top! and ofcourse I love the spice use in the muffins! am all about the spices 😀
A fabulous fall treat! Pumpkin has just begun to get my attention. It’s sweet recipes like these that nudge me closer to fall baking.
I’m in the more crumbs, the merrier camp as well and these certainly do look good. I would be picking up each and every crumb that fell off. 🙂
I’m with you on the more crumbs the merrier! These look like the absolute perfect muffin and so nice this time of year!
haha me too-things like streusel and browned butter all the way! 😉 How perfectly seasonal!
We are SO in sync with the sweets we love! I’m swooning over that crumb topping
More like perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Love all your crumb-topped recipes!
Beautiful muffins Laura, that crumble topping is to die for!
These have fall AND my name written all over them! That crumb! I’m dying!!