Sunny Meyer lemon tartlets filled with sweet and tangy homemade Meyer lemon curd are a lemon lover’s dream! Serve topped with fresh berries or dusted with powdered sugar. Recipe makes 24 tartlets.
If you’ve never made lemon curd at home, now is the time – silky smooth and vibrant Meyer lemon curd can be within your reach in a mere five minutes.
Depending upon your affinity for the velvety spread, this could be a very dangerous prospect indeed. I can’t keep a spoon out of the jar, and I know you’ll feel the same.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Favorite Meyer lemon desserts:
- Meyer Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Brown Butter Lemon Bars
Meyer lemon tartlets filled with sweet and tangy homemade Meyer lemon curd are a lemon lover’s dream! Top with fresh berries and enjoy! Recipe makes 24 tartlets.
Meyer Lemon Curd
- 1 1/2 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 6 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- mint leaves
- For the curd, whisk together Meyer lemon zest, juice, sugar, and eggs in a heavy saucepan. Cook over moderately low heat, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. Add butter a few pieces at a time, whisking constantly until melted, before adding more butter. Continue until curd is smooth and thickened, and coats the back of a spoon (about 5 minutes total).
- Strain curd through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Press a piece of plastic directly on the surface, and chill until cold – at least one hour.
- For the pastry, beat butter, cream cheese, Meyer lemon zest, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugar and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour; beat just until incorporated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Form one-inch balls of dough and place each ball in a muffin cup; use a tart tamper/shaper or lightly floured hands to press dough into the bottom and up the sides of each cup. Prick bottom of cups with a fork and bake for 18 minutes, until edges are lightly golden and set. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- To assemble, pipe or spoon lemon curd into cups. Chill for 30 minutes before topping with a raspberry and mint leaf. Store leftover tartlets in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Any leftover curd can be chilled up to one week.
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Meyer Lemon Curd, Lemon Curd
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.