meyer lemon crinkle cookies
There’s no better antidote to winter’s chill than a bright burst of citrus. These Meyer lemon crinkle cookies are the answer to freezing days and nights, a welcome ray of warmth against the icy backdrop of the season. Pillowy soft and buttery, each bite tastes like sunshine.
Rolled in powdered sugar and perfumed with sweet citrus notes, these are the perfect cookie for any lemon dessert lover!
Perfect Crinkle Cookies
Rolling the cookie dough in granulated sugar before coating in powdered sugar helps the cookies crackle as they bake, and keeps the powdered sugar coating in place, for perfect crinkles with every batch!
Make Ahead Crinkle Cookies
Make the dough in advance, roll into balls and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just before baking, roll the cookie dough in granulated sugar, coat in powered sugar, and bake as directed, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
Freeze Crinkle Cookies
To freeze baked cookies, allow them to cool completely on a wire rack. Freeze flat on a baking sheet for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Rolled in powdered sugar and flavored with sweet Meyer lemon zest and juice, you’ll love these soft and buttery Meyer lemon crinkle cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl. Place sugar and Meyer lemon zest in a food processor and pulse for one minute. Beat butter and Meyer lemon-sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, lemon juice, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and roll in powdered sugar to coat; place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, until edges are set and tops are matte (not shiny). Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrates: 21
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Crinkle Cookies, Cookies