The best part of make your own granola bars is creating a completely custom flavor you love – after all, you won’t find these chewy and delicious bars at the store! Packed with oats, dried blueberries, flaked coconut, and pecans, these homemade blueberry granola bars are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar, with great flavor from cashew butter and cinnamon, these blueberry granola bars bars are reminiscent of a (healthier!) crumb bar.
How to make granola bars
Whether the kids are back to school or you’re ready to jumpstart a new routine, mix and match these bars with any combination of dried fruit, nuts, and nut butter for a versatile treat. Customize your own bars with this ratio:
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup jam or preserves
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Place 1/2 cup rolled oats in a food processor and process until finely ground. Combine ground oats, 2 cups rolled oats, flaked coconut, dried blueberries, pecans, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine maple syrup, cashew butter, and coconut oil in a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl and microwave until mixture is melted, about 45 seconds. Stir to combine, then stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over oat mixture and stir well until completely incorporated. Reserve 3/4 cup mixture for the topping, and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes. Use a piece of waxed paper coated with nonstick spray to press remaining mixture evenly into pan. Heat blueberry jam for 10 seconds in the microwave to loosen, then spread evenly over bars. Sprinkle with chilled crumble, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake bars for 20 to 22 minutes, until top and edges are golden and set. Cool completely in baking pan on a wire rack, then chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into bars with a sharp knife. Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Keywords: Blueberry, Blueberry Jam, Granola Bar, Breakfast