apple praline bundt cake
Fall baking dreams are made of this apple praline bundt cake! We start with a spiced apple cake, flavored with apple cider and warming spices. Layered with a delicious cinnamon-sugar and pecan ribbon, this cake is simply irresistible even before we add the praline topping!
Topped with praline glaze (a delicious combination of brown sugar, butter, and vanilla), this apple bundt cake makes the perfect dessert or weekend brunch indulgence!
Bundt Cake Success
- Bring all of your cake ingredients to room temperature before beginning. When your butter, eggs, egg yolk, and apple cider are all at room temperature, they mix together uniformly.
- Use crisp and sweet apples in this cake. A mix of your favorite apple varieties is delicious!
- I especially love homemade apple cider in this cake. To make your own, combine 2 cups pure apple juice with 1 apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges and 4 teaspoons of mulling spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Strain into a glass bowl or measuring cup and let cool to room temperature before using.
- To create the swirl, spoon half of the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Smooth the batter with an offset spatula and tap the pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar mixture and chopped pecans. Spoon the remaining cake batter evenly over the pecans, carefully smoothing with an offset spatula. Tap the pan sharply again to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake cake until golden and the top springs back to the touch. A tester inserted in the center should come out with a few crumbs attached. Your baking time may vary depending on the shape of your bundt pan, so start testing for doneness after 45 minutes.
- The praline topping comes together quickly on the stovetop, so prepare all of your ingredients ahead. Allow the warm topping to cool for about 5 minutes to thicken slightly before drizzling over the cake.
Apple praline bundt cake makes a delicious taste of fall! You’ll love this easy apple bundt cake topped with praline glaze.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add eggs and egg yolk one at a time. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with apple cider (begin and end with flour mixture), just until almost incorporated. Gently fold in apples.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. For the ribbon, combine sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cake batter, then sprinkle evenly with pecans. Spoon remaining batter evenly over the pecans, and carefully smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply again to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for 48 to 50 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the praline topping, combine butter, brown sugar, milk and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil; boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour praline topping over the cake and let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Homemade Apple Cider: Combine 2 cups pure apple juice with 1 apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges and 4 teaspoons of mulling spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Strain apple cider into a glass bowl or measuring cup and let cool to room temperature before using in the cake.
Keywords: Apple, Bundt Cake, Cake, Fall Baking, Praline, Brown Sugar