Nothing says fall like a cozy spice bundt cake, perfumed with warming spices and drizzled with an irresistible brown sugar-pecan topping! Dark brown sugar in the cake and the topping adds rich notes of caramel that complement the spices beautifully.
Baked until fragrant and golden, this decorative autumn bundt is one incredible dessert for the season, simple enough to bake on a whim and elegant enough for holiday entertaining.
Best fall bundt cakes:
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Cakes
- Apple Praline Bundt Cake
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cakes
Nothing says fall like a cozy spice bundt cake, perfumed with warming spices and drizzled with an irresistible brown sugar-pecan topping!
How to Bake the MOST Decadent Chocolate Desserts
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine buttermilk and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 36 to 38 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, butter, cream, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Let stand for 10 minutes before drizzling over cake and sprinkling with chopped pecans.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Baking pan: I used this 10-cup Heritage Bundt Pan
Keywords: Bundt Cake, Spice Cake, Brown Sugar, Pecan
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.