apple cider bundt cake
As the air gets crisp in the fall, there’s nothing better than homemade apple desserts. Baked in a pretty bundt pan, this apple cider bundt cake features apple cider, applesauce, and warming spices. I love using homemade applesauce and apple cider here for the best flavor!
The Best Apple Cider Bundt Cake
Brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar (a nod to the sugar-spice coating of your favorite apple cider doughnut), this cozy cake is perfect for the season.
Enjoy a slice for breakfast or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of salted caramel sauce for dessert!
How to Make Homemade Apple Cider
To make your own apple cider, combine 2 cups pure apple juice with 1 apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges and 4 teaspoons of mulling spices (you can also add some orange peel, cinnamon sticks, and whole cloves). Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Strain into a glass bowl or measuring cup and let cool to room temperature before using in the cake.
Tips for Bundt Cake Success
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Bring butter and eggs to room temperature before beginning.
- Warming Spices – A mix of ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves enhance the apple cider flavor.
- Bundt Pan – Use a 10-cup bundt pan for this recipe. To prevent the cake from sticking, spray the pan generously with nonstick spray or generously butter and flour the pan.
- Baking Time – Bake cake until golden and the top springs back to the touch. A tester inserted in the center should come out with a few crumbs attached. Your baking time may vary depending on the shape of your bundt pan, so start testing for doneness after 40 minutes.
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping – Place cooling rack with warm apple cider cake over a piece of wax paper or parchment paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush warm cake with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar. Let cake cool completely before serving.
Apple cider bundt cake is a fall baking dream! Simple and delicious, this easy bundt cake features applesauce, apple cider, and warming spices.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine apple cider, applesauce, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with apple cider mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack.
- Place rack with cake over a piece of wax paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush warm cake with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar. Let cake cool completely before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Homemade Apple Cider: Combine 2 cups pure apple juice with 1 apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges and 4 teaspoons of mulling spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Strain apple cider into a glass bowl or measuring cup and let cool to room temperature before using in the cake.
Keywords: Apple Cider, Applesauce, Apple Cake, Bundt Cake