Celebrating the holidays with this perfectly spiced gingerbread bundt cake! Filled with the seasonal flavors of caramel, molasses, and plenty of spice, this easy bundt cake bakes up soft and pillowy.
Dress up the cake with sweet and creamy mascarpone glaze and top with sparkling sugared cranberries for a stunning holiday dessert!
The Perfect Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Gingerbread Flavor – Molasses gives this bundt cake the signature gingerbread flavor you know and love. Paired with plenty of warming spices (ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg), this bundt cake is flavorful and moist.
Room Temperature Ingredients – Bring butter, eggs, egg yolk, and milk to room temperature before beginning. If your jar of molasses is already open and chilled, warm the molasses in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to bring to room temperature before using.
Baking Time – Bake bundt cake until set and the top springs back to the touch. A tester inserted in the center should come out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Your baking time may vary depending on the shape of your bundt pan, so start testing for doneness after 45 minutes.
Sugared Cranberries – While the cake bakes, make the sugared cranberries for the topping. Combine granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add fresh cranberries to the saucepan and coat completely in the simple syrup. Transfer cranberries to a wire rack and let dry for 1 hour, then roll in sugar to coat.
Mascarpone Glaze – To make the glaze, whisk together mascarpone, salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and top with sugared cranberries before serving.
Prep the Bundt Pan
To ensure that the cake doesn’t stick to the bundt pan, generously grease the pan with softened butter. Use a pastry brush or paper towel to spread the softened butter evenly inside the pan. Add a small amount of flour to the pan (about a tablespoon) and gently shake the pan to coat the bottom and up the sides evenly with flour. Invert the pan and tap out any excess flour.
The BEST spiced gingerbread bundt cake topped with mascarpone glaze and sugared cranberries! You’ll love this easy gingerbread cake recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low and beat in molasses until combined; mix in vanilla. Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with milk (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated. Scrape down bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for 46 to 50 minutes, until cake is set, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- While the cake bakes, make the sugared cranberries. Place a wire rack over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add cranberries to the saucepan and coat completely in the simple syrup.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cranberries to the wire rack. Separate the cranberries into a single layer, spaced 1-inch apart. Let dry for 1 hour, then roll the cranberries in sugar to coat. Transfer to a clean baking sheet and let dry for 1 hour before using.
- For the glaze, whisk together mascarpone, salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and top with sugared cranberries.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Gingerbread, Gingerbread Cake, Bundt Cake