The BEST spiced gingerbread bundt cake topped with mascarpone glaze and sugared cranberries! You’ll love this easy gingerbread cake recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low and beat in molasses until combined; mix in vanilla. Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with milk (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated. Scrape down bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for 46 to 50 minutes, until cake is set, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- While the cake bakes, make the sugared cranberries. Place a wire rack over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add cranberries to the saucepan and coat completely in the simple syrup.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cranberries to the wire rack. Separate the cranberries into a single layer, spaced 1-inch apart. Let dry for 1 hour, then roll the cranberries in sugar to coat. Transfer to a clean baking sheet and let dry for 1 hour before using.
- For the glaze, whisk together mascarpone, salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and top with sugared cranberries.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Gingerbread, Gingerbread Cake, Bundt Cake