On my last jaunt to the strawberry stand, I took my kitten along for the ride in an attempt to acclimate her to the car. While I was delighted over the freshly picked berries, she was less than thrilled with me and whined most pitifully during the short (7 minute) drive home. We settled in to our perspective spaces, she napping happily in the sun and me whirling together these pretty pops. She may never like the car, but at least we have strawberries!
Utterly simple and straight up delicious, these sweet strawberry popsicles are speckled with vanilla bean and drizzled with white chocolate. If you adore strawberries and cream as much as I do, you’ll love these pops!
- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 Tbsp vodka
- 2 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Combine strawberries, coconut milk, sugar, salt, vanilla bean paste, and vodka in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Chill mixture for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Fill popsicle molds with chilled mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Freeze for about an hour, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To unmold, let popsicles stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from molds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet; freeze for 2 hours.
- For the white chocolate drizzle, combine white chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Let cool to room temperature. Drizzle over popsicles and freeze for 20 minutes, then serve.