chocolate espresso ice cream pie
What’s a baker to do when temperatures read triple digits for days on end? I can think of no better time to turn to a no-bake frozen dessert. Let your freezer do the work for this chocolate espresso ice cream pie while you stay cool!
Topped with homemade magic shell and chocolate-covered espresso beans, you’d never guess that this chocolate espresso pie is a lightened up variation on the iconic ice cream pie. Depending on your preference, assemble a full pie or use a muffin tin for individual mini pies. Both versions are delicious and the perfect way to beat the heat!
Topped with homemade magic shell and chocolate-covered espresso beans, you’ll love this no-bake chocolate espresso ice cream pie!
- 4 oz chocolate wafers
- 3/4 tsp instant espresso
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Filling & Topping
- 2 cups light coffee ice cream
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 oz chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Combine chocolate wafers and instant espresso in a food processor; process until finely ground. Place honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted, about 30 seconds. Add to food processor and pulse until moist.
- For a full pie, spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Press mixture evenly into prepared dish; freeze 2 hours. For individual pies, spray 8 cups in a standard muffin pan with nonstick spray. Divide mixture evenly among cups, pressing approximately 2 tablespoons into each cup. Freeze 2 hours.
- For the filling, place ice cream in a medium bowl and let soften at room temperature for 5 minutes. For a full pie, use an offset spatula to spread ice cream into chilled crust; cover with a piece of wax paper and return to freezer for 4 hours. For individual pies, use an offset spatula to spread 1/4 cup ice cream into each cup; cover with a piece of wax paper and return to freezer for 4 hours.
- For the magic shell, place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted; stir in vegetable oil until shiny and smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- For a full pie, drizzle magic shell over pie and top with chocolate-covered espresso beans; freeze for another hour before slicing into wedges and serving. For individual pies, use an offset spatula to pop out of pan. Place pies on a baking sheet, drizzle with magic shell and top with chocolate-covered espresso beans; freeze for another hour before serving.
Keywords: Chocolate, Espresso, Ice Cream, Ice Cream Pie