amaretto bundt cake
Bundt cakes are among my favorite kind of cakes, and this golden and finely crumbed Amaretto bundt cake is currently at the top of the list. Flavored with Amaretto (almond liqueur) and sweet almond paste, the batter comes together in just about 15 minutes, and the cake bakes up beautifully in a gorgeous bundt pan.
You’ll love this Amaretto bundt cake as a simple and scrumptious dessert for spring. Drizzled with Amaretto butter glaze and topped with festive sprinkles, dessert doesn’t get much better than this! For extra indulgence, serve slices with scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and fresh berries.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 oz almond paste, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/16 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, almond paste, and sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine buttermilk, Amaretto, and almond extract in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, almond extract, Amaretto, milk, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cake and let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Baking pan: I used this Brilliance Bundt Pan.
Keywords: Amaretto, Almond Paste, Almond