Ultimate crinkle brownies are the BEST rich and fudgy brownies! With perfect crinkle tops, these taste like a homemade version of box mix brownies!
- 3/4 cup (105 g) flour
- 1/4 cup (24 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) salt
- 1/2 cup (112 g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 oz (168 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (92 g) lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 g), at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk (17 g), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp (6 g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170 g) semisweet chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gradually melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the heat and whisk in sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture and fold in just until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake brownies for 25 to 28 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Lift parchment and place brownies on a cutting board. Cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freeze Brownies: To freeze brownies, cool completely before wrapping with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw brownies overnight in the refrigerator (still wrapped to prevent condensation), then bring to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: Chocolate, Brownies, Crinkle Brownies