Salted caramel pumpkin cookies are the perfect taste of fall! You’ll love these pumpkin spice cookies topped with salted caramel frosting.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp milk
- gold pearl sprinkles (topping)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a heavy glass with nonstick spray, and press the mounds to flatten slightly.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 13 minutes, until tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the caramel frosting, combine brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter has melted completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt until smooth. Pour sauce into a glass bowl to cool to room temperature. Whisk in powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Use a small offset spatula to frost cookies and top with gold pearl sprinkles.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrates: 22
Keywords: Caramel, Salted Caramel, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Cookie