Salted caramel pumpkin cookies are the perfect taste of fall! These pumpkin spice cookies topped with swirls of salted caramel frosting will melt in your mouth and easily become a fall baking tradition.
In the past, I’ve topped these cookies with a drizzle of vanilla butter glaze. This time around, I was set to make the usual glaze when I spotted a jar of salted caramel sauce in the fridge. All at once, I knew that caramel was the answer (isn’t it always?).
Enter these salted caramel pumpkin cookies! With a flourish of salted caramel frosting, these perfect pumpkin spice cookies make the best fall treat!
Salted caramel pumpkin cookies are the perfect taste of fall! You’ll love these pumpkin spice cookies topped with salted caramel frosting.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp milk
- gold pearl sprinkles (topping)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a heavy glass with nonstick spray, and press the mounds to flatten slightly.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 13 minutes, until tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the caramel frosting, combine brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter has melted completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt until smooth. Pour sauce into a glass bowl to cool to room temperature. Whisk in powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Use a small offset spatula to frost cookies and top with gold pearl sprinkles.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrates: 22
Keywords: Caramel, Salted Caramel, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Cookie