Salted caramel crumb bars are the perfect dessert for caramel lovers! You’ll love these buttery crumb bars filled with salted caramel sauce.
Crust & Crumbs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture and fold in until incorporated. Reserve 3/4 cup of dough for topping (keep chilled); press remaining dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust for 14 to 16 minutes, until lightly golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour caramel sauce over cooled crust, tilting the pan to spread evenly and crumble reserved dough over caramel.
- Bake for another 30 to 34 minutes, or until topping is golden and filling slightly bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment and place bars on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Salted Caramel, Crumb Bar, Cookie Bar, Bar