salted caramel crumb bars
Salted caramel crumb bars are the perfect dessert for caramel lovers!
I live by this motto: salted caramel, plus all the crumbs, forever and always. Raise your hand if you’re with me, then head to the kitchen and bake up a pan of salted caramel crumb bars! Think of these squares as a blend of crumb and cookie bar. No matter what you call them, it doesn’t get much better than spiced cookie bars with ribbons of salted caramel sauce.
And if salted caramel is as much your weakness as it is mine, serve up the bars topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of caramel sauce for the ultimate caramel experience!
Salted caramel crumb bars are the perfect dessert for caramel lovers! You’ll love these buttery crumb bars filled with salted caramel sauce.
Crust & Crumbs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture and fold in until incorporated. Reserve 3/4 cup of dough for topping (keep chilled); press remaining dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust for 14 to 16 minutes, until lightly golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour caramel sauce over cooled crust, tilting the pan to spread evenly and crumble reserved dough over caramel.
- Bake for another 30 to 34 minutes, or until topping is golden and filling slightly bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment and place bars on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Salted Caramel, Crumb Bar, Cookie Bar, Bar