The BEST salted caramel chocolate cups! Rich chocolate cups filled with homemade salted caramel are so easy and delicious!
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt (for topping)
- Line a mini muffin pan with baking cups. Place semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons melted chocolate into each baking cup; use an offset spatula to push chocolate across bottom and up sides of each cup. Place pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to set chocolate.
- Transfer salted caramel sauce to a piping bag and fill each chocolate cup with approximately 2 tsp of caramel sauce. Place pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Top cups with remaining melted chocolate, tapping the pan gently to settle. Chill for 2 minutes, then top with flaky salt. Return pan to freezer for 5 more minutes to fully set.
- Store chocolate cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator; let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
3/4 cup good jarred caramel sauce may be substituted for the salted caramel sauce.
Keywords: Salted Caramel, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate, Carmel Chocolate Cups