salted caramel chocolate cups
This week, be sure to treat yourself to salted caramel chocolate cups! If you share my view that wherever there’s chocolate, there must also be creamy and buttery salted caramel, then these rich and indulgent mini chocolate cups are for you!
Simple to make and utterly blissful to devour, these chocolate cups are filled with homemade salted caramel sauce and finished with flaky salt for the ultimate bite!
How to Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups
Making these salted caramel cups could not be easier! Start by making a batch of homemade salted caramel sauce. Let the sauce cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight) to firm up.
Line a mini muffin tin with muffin liners and gradually melt 12 ounces of semisweet or dark chocolate over a double boiler until glossy and smooth.
Once the chocolate is melted, spoon about 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin liner. Use an offset spatula (or pastry brush, if you find it easier) to evenly push the chocolate across the bottom and up the sides of the muffin liners to create a chocolate cup for the filling.
Freeze the muffin tin for 5 minutes to set the chocolate, then pipe about 2 teaspoons of caramel sauce into each cup. Freeze again to firm up the filling, then add another spoonful of melted chocolate to each cup, tapping the pan gently to settle the chocolate evenly. Chill the cups briefly before sprinkling with flaky salt.
Once the chocolate cups are fully set up, you can peel off the muffin liners. These cups are best stored in the refrigerator – let them stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
If you’re feeling inspired, you can also fill these chocolate cups with peanut butter (peanut butter with salted caramel is a personal favorite!), almond butter, Nutella, a favorite jam… chocolate cups are the answer to every craving!
The BEST salted caramel chocolate cups! Rich chocolate cups filled with homemade salted caramel are so easy and delicious!
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt (for topping)
- Line a mini muffin pan with baking cups. Place semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons melted chocolate into each baking cup; use an offset spatula to push chocolate across bottom and up sides of each cup. Place pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to set chocolate.
- Transfer salted caramel sauce to a piping bag and fill each chocolate cup with approximately 2 tsp of caramel sauce. Place pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Top cups with remaining melted chocolate, tapping the pan gently to settle. Chill for 2 minutes, then top with flaky salt. Return pan to freezer for 5 more minutes to fully set.
- Store chocolate cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator; let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
3/4 cup good jarred caramel sauce may be substituted for the salted caramel sauce.
Keywords: Salted Caramel, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate, Carmel Chocolate Cups