The BEST pumpkin spice crumb muffins with a golden crumble topping!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray. For the crumb topping, combine sugars, rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Whisk together rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full of batter and sprinkle evenly with crumb topping.
- Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 13 to 15 minutes (for a total baking time of 18 to 20 minutes), until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature, or wrap well in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container to freeze.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Freeze Muffins: Let muffins cool completely. Once cool, wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container to freeze up to 2 months.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Crumb Topping, Muffin, Breakfast