The BEST pumpkin chocolate chip bread! Perfectly spiced and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy pumpkin bread recipe.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang around the edges; spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the pumpkin bread, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles and sprinkle sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before using the parchment overhang to carefully lift bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Freeze Pumpkin Bread: Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Chip, Quick Bread