Ripe summer peaches, creamy almond filling, and brown butter crust collide in this simple and incredibly delicious peach almond tart!
Brown Butter Crust
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely ground
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 7 ounces almond paste, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 8-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray.
- For the crust, whisk together flour, ground almonds, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add brown butter to flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Press crust evenly and firmly in the bottom and up the sides of prepared tart pan. Slide tart pan onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake crust for 13 to 15 minutes, until slightly puffed and set. Cool crust completely on a wire rack and increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- For the filling, place almond paste and butter in a food processor; process until blended. Add eggs; process until smooth. Add sugar, flour, salt, and almond extract; process until combined. Spoon mixture into cooled tart shell and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Arrange peach slices evenly over filling and sprinkle with sugar. Slide tart pan onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until filling is puffed and tart is golden. Cool tart completely on a wire rack before releasing from the pan. Serve tart dusted with powdered sugar.
- Store leftovers overnight in an airtight container in the refrigerator and warm before serving.
Make Ahead – The brown butter tart shell can be made in advance. Cool completely on a wire rack, then gently cover with foil and store at room temperature overnight.
Keywords: Peach, Almond, Almond Paste, Frangipane, Tart