peach almond tart
Peach almond tart makes an elevated summer dessert for peach season! Ripe summer peaches, creamy almond filling, and brown butter crust collide in this simple and incredibly delicious tart.
How to Make Peach Almond Tart
If you’ve avoided tarts in the past, this recipe is simple: the press-in brown butter crust means there’s no pastry to roll out, and the creamy almond filling comes together easily in a food processor. Top the almond filling with sliced peaches, sprinkle with sugar, and bake until the filling is puffed and the tart is golden.
Let the tart cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar. For even more indulgence, serve slices topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Ripe summer peaches, creamy almond filling, and brown butter crust collide in this simple and incredibly delicious peach almond tart!
Brown Butter Crust
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely ground
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 7 ounces almond paste, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 8-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray.
- For the crust, whisk together flour, ground almonds, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add brown butter to flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Press crust evenly and firmly in the bottom and up the sides of prepared tart pan. Slide tart pan onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake crust for 13 to 15 minutes, until slightly puffed and set. Cool crust completely on a wire rack and increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- For the filling, place almond paste and butter in a food processor; process until blended. Add eggs; process until smooth. Add sugar, flour, salt, and almond extract; process until combined. Spoon mixture into cooled tart shell and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Arrange peach slices evenly over filling and sprinkle with sugar. Slide tart pan onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until filling is puffed and tart is golden. Cool tart completely on a wire rack before releasing from the pan. Serve tart dusted with powdered sugar.
- Store leftovers overnight in an airtight container in the refrigerator and warm before serving.
Keywords: Peach, Almond, Almond Paste, Frangipane, Tart