Kahlua chocolate cakes are rich and fudgy mini chocolate bundt cakes! Dipped in Kahlua glaze, these make the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant espresso
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Kahlua
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Add sugars, egg, egg yolk, milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture; whisk in just until incorporated. Dissolve instant espresso in boiling water; add to batter and whisk in until smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and fill each cavity 2/3 full. Smooth batter with an offset spatula and tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cakes spring back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool cakes in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, Kahlua, milk, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Set rack with cooled cakes over a piece of waxed paper. Dip cake tops into glaze and let glaze set before serving.