Kahlua Chocolate Cakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Happy February and the time to celebrate all the chocolate desserts! Let’s kick things off with Kahlua chocolate cakes, rich and fudgy mini bundt cakes dipped in Kahlua glaze!
With a touch of espresso added to the batter for the most decadent chocolate flavor, these cakes make the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert. Dress up the tops with milk chocolate caramel duet hearts or a flurry of festive Valentine sprinkles for a delicious finish!Print
Kahlua Chocolate Cakes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 9-10 mini bundt cakes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Kahlua chocolate cakes are rich and fudgy mini chocolate bundt cakes! Dipped in Kahlua glaze, these make the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant espresso
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Kahlua
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Add sugars, egg, egg yolk, milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture; whisk in just until incorporated. Dissolve instant espresso in boiling water; add to batter and whisk in until smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and fill each cavity 2/3 full. Smooth batter with an offset spatula and tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cakes spring back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool cakes in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, Kahlua, milk, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Set rack with cooled cakes over a piece of waxed paper. Dip cake tops into glaze and let glaze set before serving.
Keywords: Kahlua, Chocolate, Mini Bundt Cakes, Valentine’s Day
More Valentine’s Day recipes to try:
Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
Valentine Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Hearts
Brown Butter Linzer Heart Cookies
These are such gorgeous little cakes–love the Kahlua glaze and espresso in the batter!
These are way too cute Laura! Chocolate and Kahlua! great combination!!
These are so cute! I don’t drink much coffee but I love coffee flavoured food! 😀
Chocolate is my Valentine’s favorite. He would adore these sweet treats!
I would love to make this recipe butI don’t have mini bundt cake pans…..what other size pan can I use??? and baking time adjustments?
Hi Marianne, you can bake this recipe as cupcakes (bake at 350°F for 13-14 minutes). You could also divide the batter into 3 mini loaf pans (bake at 350°F for approximately 24-28 minutes). I have not tested this in mini loaf pans, so check for doneness after 20 minutes, and then keep an eye on them. Hope that helps!
So pretty and fun! I love these! YUMMM 🙂
Ooh, we LOVE Kahlua cake at our house! And these glazed minis are a perfect excuse to dust off my mini Bundt pans!
Love every single detail !
I love those two little hearts cozied up in the center!
Thank you, I do too! 🙂
My Valentine would LOVE me even more if I made him a few of these for the holiday Laura! They look adorable and I bet they taste just as delicious!
Thanks so much, Mary Ann! 🙂