Greek yogurt banana bread is the BEST classic banana bread recipe! Studded with chopped pecans, enjoy with butter and honey for the best breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado (raw sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in pecans.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles, and sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 52 minutes, until bread is golden and springs back to the touch (if desired, tent with foil after 30 minutes of baking time to prevent over-browning). Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully remove bread from pan and cool completely.
Keywords: Banana, Banana Bread, Greek Yogurt, Breakfast