Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
When you crave a slice of classic banana bread and only banana bread will do, look no further than this Greek yogurt banana bread! With just the right amount of richness and sweetness, there’s a reason classic recipes are always in style.
The Best Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Flavor Profile – Ripe bananas, melted butter, and a generous splash of vanilla give this bread the classic flavor you expect from banana bread.
Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt lightens up the recipe and ensures a beautifully soft and tender crumb. Use room temperature Greek yogurt for the best results.
Bake – Bake this loaf for 50 to 55 minutes, or until bread is golden and springs back to the touch. A tester should come out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes, then carefully remove bread from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Serve – Studded with chopped pecans (or walnuts if you prefer!), my dream breakfast is a warm slice of banana bread topped with butter and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
More favorite homemade banana bread recipes:
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Mocha Banana Bread
- Toffee Banana Bread
- Coconut Macadamia Banana Bread
Did you try this Greek Yogurt Banana Bread Recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating below!Print
Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf, 12 slices
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Greek yogurt banana bread is the BEST classic banana bread recipe! Studded with chopped pecans, enjoy with butter and honey for the best breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado (raw sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in pecans.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles, and sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 52 minutes, until bread is golden and springs back to the touch (if desired, tent with foil after 30 minutes of baking time to prevent over-browning). Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully remove bread from pan and cool completely.
Keywords: Banana, Banana Bread, Greek Yogurt, Breakfast
Made this too and my family loved it! 🙂 Would like to know if it’s ok to double the recipe and have the same result.
Thanks for sharing. 😉
I made this with a few alterations and it was delicious. I only had vanilla greek yogurt so I only used 1 tsp vanilla. I didn’t have pecans so used almonds..Absolutely delicious!
I haven’t made banana bread all season! What in the what is wrong with me? I have plain Greek yogurt chilling in my fridge as we speak! Now all I need are some ripe bananas! Awesome photography by the way. I haven’t figured out how to make loaves of bread look pretty, but you nailed it!
I made yogurt banana bread several times, but the crust never looked this great! Got to follow your recipe to the T next time.
I’ve been craving banana bread, a fall thing? Can’t wait to try this version, so much goodness with pecans and bananas!
This bread looks perfect for upcoming cool fall weather!
Beautiful banana bread and I love the greek yogurt in this one! Now to patiently wait while my bananas ripen 🙂
Ahh this looks so delicious, Laura. Those pecans!! I love using greek yogurt for baking.
Im wishing I could grab a slice right off my screen Laura! It looks amazing! (as usual!)
Yum!!! I love banana bread and this looks so good!!! Beautiful Laura!! xoxo
I have some Greek yogurt in the fridge…now I need to let some bananas ripen! Your bread looks amazing!
The yoghurt must give this delicious cake super moistness, no?
Oh this is a lovely comforting bread, especially with the butter and the honey addition! Deliciously pretty 🙂