The BEST chocolate chip banana bread recipe! Super moist and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227 g) mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (170 g) plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg (50 g), lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (8 g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (128 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (42 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles and sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until bread is golden and springs back to the touch (if desired, tent with foil after 35 minutes of baking time to prevent over-browning). Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully lift bread from pan and cool completely.
Keywords: Banana, Banana Bread, Quick Bread, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip