Super moist and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy chocolate chip banana bread! With plenty of chocolate (my favorite way to eat banana bread!), this easy loaf comes together in 20 minutes and is seriously delicious.
Perfect for breakfast or a snack, this banana bread bakes up soft and moist with the perfect tender crumb. Filled with ripe bananas and rich chocolate chips, this is sure to become your new favorite!
The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
To make this banana bread, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Ripe bananas
- Greek yogurt
- Unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
Room temperature ingredients – Bring Greek yogurt and egg to room temperature before baking. Room temperature ingredients incorporate more easily into the batter and give this quick bread a tender crumb.
Bananas – My favorite bananas for banana bread are ripe and speckled (not blackened). For this recipe, you’ll use 1 cup mashed ripe banana. This is usually about 2 large bananas, or 3 smaller bananas. Place the ripe bananas in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher until completely mashed.
Mix – Don’t overmix the batter! Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together until almost incorporated, then gently fold in chocolate chips. The finished batter is textured and visibly lumpy.
Bake – Bake the loaf for 55 to 60 minutes, until bread is golden and springs back to the touch. To prevent over-browning, tent the top of the loaf with foil after 35 minutes of baking. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached; baking time may vary based on moisture content of the bananas.
Banana Bread Variations
Toffee Chocolate – Use a mixture of toffee bits and semisweet chocolate chips for toffee chocolate banana bread!
Spice – Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or chai spice to the batter, or combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the batter.
Nutella – Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, then top with dollops of Nutella. Gently swirl Nutella into the batter with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon remaining batter into the pan and smooth with an offset spatula.
Peanut Butter – Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, then top with dollops of peanut butter. Gently swirl peanut butter into the batter with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon remaining batter into the pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake!Print
The BEST chocolate chip banana bread recipe! Super moist and studded with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240 g) mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (170 g) plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg (50 g), lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (8 g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (128 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (42 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles and sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until bread is golden and springs back to the touch (if desired, tent with foil after 35 minutes of baking time to prevent over-browning). Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully lift bread from pan and cool completely.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Banana, Banana Bread, Quick Bread, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip