Easy triple almond biscotti flavored with almond paste and baked until lightly toasted and golden are the perfect crisp almond cookie! Recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 oz almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, Amaretto, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in eggs one at a time until smooth. Gently stir in flour mixture until almost incorporated. Fold in almond paste and sliced almonds. Dough will be sticky – cover tightly and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough in half and shape dough into 2 (10-by-4-inch) loaves on prepared baking sheets. Top with sliced almonds, pressing gently into dough, and sprinkle each loaf with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- First bake: Bake loaves for 24 to 25 minutes, until pale golden. Place baking sheets on wire racks and cool loaves for 15 minutes (do not turn off the oven). Using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets.
- Second bake: Return baking sheets to the oven and bake slices for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Almond Paste: To make almond paste easy to grate, freeze for 30 minutes or until firm and use the largest holes of a box grater. If you have a food processor, you can also pulse the almond paste with the sugar for even distribution throughout the dough.
Storage Tips: Store biscotti in an airtight container to keep them crisp, placing parchment paper between the layers. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 5 to 7 days. Biscotti can also be wrapped well and frozen for up to 1 month.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Almond, Almond Paste, Amaretto, Biscotti, Cookies