Raspberry vanilla wreath bread is the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning! Drizzled with vanilla butter glaze, the rolls are delicious with coffee!
- 3 1/2 cups (490 g) flour, divided
- 1 package Red Star PLATINUM Yeast
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240 g) low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (106 g) raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp (14 g) unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup (90 g) powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine 2 cups (280 g) flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl; mix on low speed until incorporated. Heat milk in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until very warm (120-130°F). Add warm milk, butter, and egg to flour mixture and mix on low until combined; mix in remaining 1 1/2 cups (210 g) flour. Switch out the flat beater for a dough hook, and knead dough for 4 minutes, until smooth and elastic. The dough is ready when it feels tacky but doesn’t stick to your fingers (if necessary, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time while kneading).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with nonstick spray and cover with plastic. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 40 minutes. To check if dough has doubled, lightly flour two fingers and press them down into center of dough. If indentations remain, gently press down dough; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a small oven-safe ramekin in the center.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and roll into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread dough with softened butter, leaving a 1-inch border at the edges. Spread raspberry preserves over dough, also leaving a 1-inch border. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over raspberry preserves. Carefully roll dough up into a tight log and pinch edges to seal.
- Transfer log to prepared baking sheet and place seam down in a circle around the center ramekin. Starting 1/2 inch from the top edge, use a sharp knife to slice the log into 1 1/4-inch rolls (the rolls will still be joined at the top). Turn one end roll on its side, and turn the next roll on its side so that it overlaps the first roll. Continue overlapping the rolls into a wreath shape.
- Cover loosely with plastic. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. While the bread rises, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before removing ramekin. For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over bread and and let set before serving.
Keywords: Raspberry, Vanilla, Wreath Bread, Holiday Bread