Peanut butter caramel truffles coated in dark chocolate make the perfect anytime treat! With a creamy peanut butter and caramel filling and rich chocolate coating, these truffles are so simple and delicious!
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Dough
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups super-fine almond flour
- 2/3 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- flaky salt
- For the caramel, combine maple syrup and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then whisk to combine. Whisk in cashew butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Let the caramel cool for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- For the dough, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Fold in almond flour and salted caramel baking chips.
- Line an 8×11-inch pan with wax paper. Scrape dough into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Drizzle with caramel sauce, then place the pan in the freezer to chill for 25 minutes, until firm and caramel is set.
- Use the wax paper to lift dough from pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 24 squares with a sharp knife and roll each square into a ball. Place dough balls back into the pan and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- For the coating, combine dark chocolate baking chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20 second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Drop truffles into melted chocolate to coat, then use a fork to lift truffles out of chocolate and place onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky salt and chill for 20 minutes to set chocolate.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer to keep them fresh. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Caramel, Chocolate, Truffle