Impossibly rich and smooth mocha almond fudge, a chocolate lover’s dream! The deep mocha flavor works perfect in this creamy fudge.
- 1 pound (16 oz/452 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/397grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp instant espresso, dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 grams) roasted salted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) roasted salted almonds, chopped
- Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Combine chopped chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in dissolved instant espresso and vanilla; fold in almonds just until combined.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan, tapping pan sharply for a minute to help air bubbles escape. Smooth top with an offset spatula and sprinkle with remaining almonds, pressing gently to adhere. Chill fudge in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Lift parchment to remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry; trim any ragged edges. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts; cut into 36 squares. Store fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or wrap well and freeze up to 2 months.
For the instant espresso, I used one pack of Starbucks VIA Italian Roast. Adapted from An Edible Mosaic.
- Calories: 134
- Carbohydrates: 14
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, Fudge, Holiday Fudge