- 2 2/3 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- peppermint extract (optional, and to taste)
- food coloring (optional)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Combine coconut milk and fresh mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes, until bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes. Strain infused coconut milk through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on the mint with the back of a spoon. Whisk in sugar, salt, peppermint extract, and food color (2 drops green, 1 drop blue) until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and chill for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Stir chopped chocolate into mixture and fill popsicle molds, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Freeze for about an hour, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To unmold, let popsicles stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from molds and serve.
I added a few drops of peppermint extract to enhance the mint flavor; taste mixture before adding extract – you may not need it depending on the strength of your mint leaves.
- Calories: 210