Golden honey hazelnut granola makes the best breakfast! Sweetened with honey and filled with clusters, hazelnuts add a rich toasted flavor!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats, hazelnuts, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add olive oil, honey, and vanilla; toss to coat. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy (about 1 minute); add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Use an offset spatula to spread mixture into an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then use a large spatula to flip sections of granola. Press back into an even layer, rotate pan, and bake another 20 minutes. When granola is golden and feels dry to the touch, turn off oven and leave pan in oven for another 10 minutes to continue drying. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely (the granola crisps as it cools).
- When completely cool, break into clusters (if you want to add dried fruit, stir in now). Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
If your oven runs hot, bake granola at 290°F.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 245
- Carbohydrates: 36
Keywords: Granola, Honey, Hazelnut, Breakfast