The BEST double chocolate bundt cake! This decadent chcoolate cake is dressed up with a simple chocolate glaze for a chocolate lover’s dream!
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time; add vanilla. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water and mix in on low speed until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 44 to 48 minutes, until cake springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, place chopped chocolate and salt in a medium heat-proof bowl. Bring heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate and let stand for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Set rack with cake over a piece of wax paper and immediately pour glaze over cake; gently tap the cooling rack several times to help the glaze drizzle down the sides of the cake. Let set before serving.
Baking pan: I used this 10-cup Heritage Bundt Pan
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Cake, Bundt, Bundt Cake