Dark chocolate crinkle cookies are a holiday classic! Rich, fudgy, and perfectly crackled, these are the best chocolate crinkle cookies.
- 4 oz (114 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 Tbsp (56 g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups (156 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (1.5 g) kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (165 g) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (150 g), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together sugar, brown sugar, and eggs in a large bowl until combined; add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. Fold in flour mixture just until incorporated (the mixture will resemble brownie batter). Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in separate shallow bowls. Use a cookie scoop coated with nonstick spray to scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough. Drop the balls of dough in granulated sugar and roll to coat, then coat generously in powdered sugar. Place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 16 to 18 minutes, until puffed and cracked, with edges set. Tap pans once to slightly flatten cookies. Let cookies cool for 15 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Dark Chocolate, Chocolate, Crinkle Cookies, Holiday Cookies