These chocolate chunk cherry pecan oatmeal cookies are loaded with flavor thanks to rich chocolate chunks, sweet-tart dried cherries, and toasty pecans. Recipe makes 26 cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Semisweet chocolate chunks
- Flaky salt
- Whisk together flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chunks, coconut, cherries, and pecans. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly and top cookies with chocolate chunks, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt and let cool completely.
Chocolate tip: If you can’t find chocolate chunks at your grocery store, use a 4-ounce semisweet chocolate bar chopped into chunks.
Keywords: Chocolate, Cherry, Pecan, Cookies