- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a 10-inch springform pan. For the crumb topping, combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- For the cake, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well; beat in vanilla. Combine yogurt and milk in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in two additions, alternating with yogurt mixture. Fold in apples.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan (batter will be thick) and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for 60 minutes, until edges are golden, cake springs back to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes before removing sides from pan; let cool before serving.
Apples: I used a blend of Fuji, Granny Smith, and Golden Delicious apples.
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrates: 48
Keywords: Apple, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Crumb Cake