Drizzled with white chocolate and topped with festive sprinkles, these are the best white chocolate peppermint cookies! Buttery soft and nicely golden, the pairing of white chocolate with peppermint is absolute bliss.
Studded with white chocolate peppermint chunks and infused with vanilla and peppermint extracts for the best flavor, these cookies are ideal for holiday gifting (stack and package in cello bags or cookie tins for everyone on your list!).
Drizzled with white chocolate and topped with festive sprinkles, these are the BEST soft and pillowy white chocolate peppermint cookies!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 cup white chocolate peppermint chunks
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg and extracts until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in white chocolate peppermint chunks. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 11 to 12 minutes, until tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over cookies. Top with sprinkles and let chocolate set before serving. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Keywords: White Chocolate, Peppermint, Cookies