Layered white chocolate caramel s’mores brownies! Rich and decadent, these campfire-inspired brownies are the perfect way to enjoy s’mores at home!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 graham crackers (8 oz)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 oz Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust, combine graham crackers and salt in a food processor and pulse together to form fine crumbs. Add melted butter and vanilla and pulse until completely incorporated. Firmly press mixture tightly and evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 15 to 17 minutes, until deeply golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the brownie layer, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl. Place butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gradually melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the heat and whisk in sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture and fold in just until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over cooled graham cracker crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake brownies for 30 to 32 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once brownies have cooled, transfer pan to the freezer and chill for 10 minutes. Use parchment to carefully lift brownies from the pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Top brownies with marshmallows and place baking sheet under the broiler, toasting the marshmallows until golden. Carefully remove baking sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before topping with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Squares. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: White Chocolate Caramel, S'mores, Brownies