Layered white chocolate caramel s’mores brownies are a must bake for National S’mores Day! Rich and decadent, these campfire-inspired brownies are the perfect way to enjoy s’mores at home.
Featuring a graham cracker crust and brownie center, these bars are topped with delicious Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Squares and toasted marshmallows.
How to Make White Chocolate Caramel S’mores Brownies
Graham Cracker Crust – Made with graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and vanilla, the graham cracker crust comes together quickly in a food processor. Transfer the crust to an 8-inch square baking pan and firmly press the crust into the pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until golden and set, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brownies – The brownie layer is super rich and decadent! Also known as ultimate crinkle brownies, the brownie layer features 3 kinds of chocolate: unsweetened cocoa powder, chopped Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, and 1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Mix up the brownie batter and pour the batter over the cooled graham cracker crust. Smooth the batter with an offset spatula and return the pan to the oven.
Continue baking bars for 30 to 32 minutes, until the brownie layer is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Marshmallow Topping – Top brownies with marshmallows (I used jumbo marshmallows) and toast under the broiler until golden. Carefully remove baking sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
White Chocolate Caramel – Top bars with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Squares for the ultimate at-home s’mores experience. Enjoy!Print
Layered white chocolate caramel s’mores brownies! Rich and decadent, these campfire-inspired brownies are the perfect way to enjoy s’mores at home!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 graham crackers (8 oz)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 oz Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust, combine graham crackers and salt in a food processor and pulse together to form fine crumbs. Add melted butter and vanilla and pulse until completely incorporated. Firmly press mixture tightly and evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 15 to 17 minutes, until deeply golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the brownie layer, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl. Place butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gradually melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the heat and whisk in sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture and fold in just until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over cooled graham cracker crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake brownies for 30 to 32 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once brownies have cooled, transfer pan to the freezer and chill for 10 minutes. Use parchment to carefully lift brownies from the pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Top brownies with marshmallows and place baking sheet under the broiler, toasting the marshmallows until golden. Carefully remove baking sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before topping with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Squares. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: White Chocolate Caramel, S’mores, Brownies
This recipe is created in partnership with Ghirardelli. All opinions expressed are my own.