Triple chocolate loaf cake is a chocolate lover’s dream! With a triple hit of chocolate, you’ll love this easy chocolate cake.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add buttermilk, then finish with remaining flour mixture. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water and slowly mix in. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Sprinkle the batter with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached and cake springs back to the touch. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. While the cake is cooling, top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Carefully lift cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Chips, Loaf Cake, Chocolate Cake