triple chocolate brownie cups
Rich and indulgent, triple chocolate brownie cups are a chocoholic’s dream! A twist on my salted brownie cookies, these brownie cups feature even more chocolate and are baked in a muffin tin for easy chocolate bliss.
Topped with a dollop of whipped cream (or scoop of vanilla ice cream) and dusting of cocoa powder, you’ll love these indulgent chocolate treats for any occasion.
How to make the best brownie cups
Incorporating just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is all about the chocolate, so use the best quality chocolate you can (I recommend around 70% chocolate). Temperature and timing are key to the fudgiest brownie cups, so this method works best if you prep all the ingredients in advance.
Once the chopped chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth, set aside to cool slightly while you proceed with the recipe. Use a cookie scoop lightly coated with nonstick spray to divide the gooey brownie batter into muffin cups. Bake the brownie cups until the tops are shiny and crackly, then let cool before digging in!
Rich and indulgent, triple chocolate brownie cups are a chocoholic’s dream! Baked in a muffin tin, you’ll love these easy fudgy brownies.
- 2/3 cup (94 g) flour
- 2 Tbsp (12 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) salt
- 8 ounces (226 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (recommended: 70% chocolate)
- 1/4 cup (57 g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs (100 g), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (92 g) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp (4 g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (85 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (85 g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk together on medium speed for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in melted chocolate for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed for 20 seconds, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (dough will resemble a gooey brownie batter).
- Use a cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to fill each baking cup 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, until tops are shiny and crackly and a tester inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and dust with cocoa powder.
Recipe inspired by Martha Stewart
Keywords: Chocolate, Brownie Cups, Brownies, Brownie Cookies