Every spring, I anticipate the reopening of local strawberry stands and find myself craving the intoxicating aroma of the plump berries. I’ve had my heart set on making a berry tart filled with Mascarpone, and to my delight, found the strawberry stand open for the first day of the season. Perfect timing!
With a spiced graham crust, honey-Mascarpone filling, and sweet strawberry topping, this easy tart celebrates spring. A quick honey glaze makes the strawberries glisten, and adds lovely notes of floral and citrus. This dessert is simply irresistible!
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup graham flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp dark honey
- 8 ounces Mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- For the crust, preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 14-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, graham flour, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in honey. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to press dough evenly in the bottom and up the sides of prepared tart pan; prick dough all over with a fork. Bake for 16 to 17 minutes, until crust is golden. Cool completely on wire rack. If baking the crust a day ahead of assembling the tart, carefully cover with foil to store overnight.
- For the filling, combine Mascarpone, heavy cream, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest in a food processor and process until smooth.
- To assemble tart, spoon filling into cooled tart shell and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula. Arrange strawberries over filling in a decorative pattern. Place honey in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until melted, about 10 seconds. Use a pastry brush to brush glaze over strawberries. Chill tart in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
Make ahead: The crust can be made one day in advance. Cool the crust completely, then cover with foil to store overnight. Crust recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Keywords: Strawberry, Mascarpone, Honey, Strawberry Tart, Tart