strawberry cookie tart
This easy strawberry cookie tart is perfect for spring! Baked in a tart pan for an air of sophistication, the soft brown sugar cookie crust is topped with plush swirls of lemony cream cheese (or mascarpone) frosting and piled high with fresh strawberries. Sweet and dreamy, this is one delightful spring tart!
The Best Strawberry Cookie Tart
This strawberry cookie tart is delicious and surprisingly simple! Here’s how to make it:
Graham Cookie Crust – The graham crust is made from flour, graham flour, cinnamon, butter, sugar, light brown sugar, 1 large egg, and honey. If you don’t have graham flour on hand, substitute whole wheat flour, graham cracker crumbs, or use a total of 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour. Bake the crust until golden and set, then let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting – Flecked with lemon zest, the cream cheese frosting is tangy and delicious! If you don’t have cream cheese on hand or prefer a less tangy frosting, I also loving using creamy mascarpone. Beat the frosting in a stand mixer until creamy, then use an offset spatula to swirl frosting over the cooled cookie crust. Chill for 20-30 minutes to firm up the frosting before adding berries.
Strawberry Topping – Use the sweetest spring strawberries as the topping for this cookie tart. I like to wash, dry, and slice the strawberries just before adding to the cookie tart for the very best texture. You can also use a combination of mixed berries, or combine berries and fresh cherries. If your berries are slightly tart, sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar (or vanilla bean sugar!) just before assembling the tart.
Make Ahead – The graham cookie crust and frosting can be made one day in advance. Swirl the frosting over the cooled cookie crust, then chill for 1 hour until the frosting is firm. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, let the tart stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before adding the fresh strawberry topping.
This easy strawberry cookie tart is perfect for spring! A delcious press-in cookie crust is topped with tangy cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup graham flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese (or mascarpone), at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Whisk together flour, graham flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and honey until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated.
- Spray a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly into pan. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, lemon zest, and salt on medium speed until soft and creamy. Reduce speed to low; add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat well, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Use an offset spatula to spread cream cheese frosting over cookie crust. Chill for 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving with fresh strawberries.
Graham Flour: If you don’t have graham flour on hand, substitute whole wheat flour, graham cracker crumbs, or use a total of 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour.
Keywords: Strawberry, Strawberry Tart, Cookie Tart, Fruit Tart